Re: iso9660 survey : joilet or not joilet

> here is a test image. on my 2.1 kernel it works well :
> total 2
> -r--r--r--   1 root     root           45 Jun 13 12:23 TRANS.TBL
> lr-xr-xr-x   1 root     root            3 Jun 13 12:22 bar -> foo
>
> on a plain 2.0.33 it doesn't work well :
> total 1
> -r-xr-xr-x   1 root     root           45 Jun 13  1998 <translation table>
> -r-xr-xr-x   1 root     root            0 Apr  9  1974 bar
>
> it was created with mkisofs 1.12a4, options -J -a -r -t -v -o test.raw test/
>
> i would like to get informatiosn, whether it works on your machine.
> very important : kernel version (a kernel with fat32 or joilet patch, or not ?)
> please try the "nojoilet" option, and tell me if it helps.
>
> most important : can someone verify this image against the current
> boot-floppies ?
>
> i guess that many people will like to have the official debian cdroms in
> joilet format. we can fix the kernel we are shipping, so new installations
> will not be affected. but what with people upgradeing from an old version ?
> if "-o nojoilet" is enough to fix the problem, i will suggest useing the
> joilet extensions, else i will create images without.

We make all of our CDs with both Joilet and Rockridge extensions.
It works fine for all the images that I have tried.  (none of the
kernels I use have the joilet pach applied)

We use mkhybrid instead of mkisofs (it is just a patched version of
mkisofs)  Does mkisofs 1.12a4 support both joliet and rockridge?

Jim

Jim Mintha, Geography System Administrator, U.B.C.
mintha@geog.ubc.ca, or jmintha@debian.org  <www.geog.ubc.ca/jim>
Home: 604 731-7240  Work: 604 822-2174  Fax: 604 822-6150

Where you want to be tommorow... Debian GNU/Linux <www.debian.org>