Re: VI reasons (was Re: Base Set: Suggested additions & removals.)

On Sun, Jun 14, 1998 at 09:53:17AM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> wrote:
> > 	Absolute novices unwilling to learn should be lead gently to
> >  the nearest windows box.
>
> How about something like:

I think you made a good summarize of my total vi knowledge :)

I know that this is sufficient for simple edits, and this is
all I really know about Vi.

We should have a Debian tutorial soon (IIRC). If we have a good chapter on
Vi in it, I think vi on the rescue disk should not be a problem.

But without any documentation available (on-line documentation does not
count in every situation), vi is a nono for beginners.

Maybe the text you wrote could be displayed when vi is started (like emacs
has some text at start-up) ?

Marcus
Who doesn't think that he is fighting a war here, but carries on a discussion.