Re: VI reasons (was Re: Base Set: Suggested additions & removals.)

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> wrote:
> 	Most features? *VI*? or you mean XEmacs? Since when has vi
>  been an editor with features? ;-)

The biggest advantage of vi over xemacs is that vi is easier on the
wrists. For example, vi's . command (repeat last command which changed
the text) is something that doesn't make much sense in the xemacs
environment (because you can always type ^x( command ^x) then ^x^e...,
and a command to replace . would be about as many keystrokes).

At one point, I almost had to give up programming because my wrists hurt
so bad. Switching to vi from emacs (and taking better care of myself)
mostly solved that.

--
Raul