Security problem - inetd.conf has rsh/rlogin/rexec "ON" as a default

Hello,

The rsh/rlogin/ident/rexec services are active by default in the
inetd.conf file.  Even though I keep removing them (I delete their
lines altogether since that way it's much easier to notice a change)
they seem to keep popping up after updating any software related to
this file.

I'd like to suggest that these services will be "off" by default and
the user should be given a chance to stop the system before it
reactivates them.

I'm not on the list (finals period) so please CC to me any response to
this message.

Thanks,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                    | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.          |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                  |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL       amos@gezernet.co.il  |                     -- Anonymous