Re: Base Set: Suggested additions & removals.

On Tue, Jun 09, 1998 at 05:28:46PM +0200, Paul Seelig wrote:
> jim@laney.edu (Jim) writes:
> > J.J.Troup@scm.brad.ac.uk said:
> > >  We _must_ have a vi (or at worst, vi clone) available in the base
> > >  system.

<mode="aol">ME TOO!!!!</mode>

> This doesn't touch the fact that MC would be a very convenient additional
> feature for a user friendly Debian base system.

I do not oppose having a "user friendly" editor in the base system, as long
as that does not conflict with the desire to keep the base system small.
Remember, enough people are complaining about the base system's size as it
is.

Perhaps someone can look at "le"? Most of the libs it requires (libc6,
libstdc++2.8) are already in the base system; slang (which is in there too)
might be used instead of ncurses.

Ray
--
Obsig: developing a new sig