Re: What version of glibc in Hamm?

Dale Scheetz writes:
 > Second: this was supposidly the last pre-release before the final version,
 > and I wanted it to get some testing.
 >
 > I will be coming out with a "final" Debian version in the next week or
 > two, depending on how much Ulrich stonewalls the upstream release.

Hm... it will be great as long as there are no interface changes
between current version in hamm and the final version you want to put
there.  I was told by Ted T'so that Ulrich told he doesn't care too
much about these interface changes, which is BTW a reason for glibc to
get into the LSB.

Will this upgrade not imply that we recompile and test the whole of
the dist, to make it sure hamm is self-compilable ?  If not, every
bugfix upload will possibly break something because of a possible
glibc change...

--
Yann Dirson    <ydirson@mygale.org> | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
isp-email:   <ydirson@a2points.com> |     support Debian GNU/Linux: