Re: Hamm CD's

On Mon, 25 May 1998, Brandon Mitchell wrote:

> I have seen several request for cd's of frozen.  I don't personally want
> one (I can leave my computer online overnight), but this seems like a
> perfect opportunity for a cd vendor to jump the gun.  The people I have
> heard this from are in the testing group <debian-testing@lists.debian.org>
> so they expect some of the packages to be buggy and they will probably
> give you advice if there are any problems with your cds before they go out
> to the general public.
>
> Any takers?

As I have already replied to the queries on testing: "Yes!"

Until very recently (like yesterday) I was not equipped to burn CDs due to
the failure of my toaster. Thanks to Henry Hollenberg, who made the
wonderful contribution of a Yamaha machine, I am again equipped to do this
job.

The "Pre-release" CDs I intend to create are going to be Binary Only
(i386) and may not have any frills on them other than the components of
the archive, a freshly constructed Packages file and the most recent disk
set. If I can find the time, I may make them bootable, but don't hold your
breath ;-)

I have already offered this to the two testers who asked. I can probably
give away an additional 3 (total of five) before I need to start getting
something back to cover my costs.

I usually charge $30.00 for a custom CD, but I can probably survive on
$20.00. Let me know what you think is fair.

Waiting is,

Dwarf