Re: magicfilter and /etc

On Sat, May 09, 1998 at 09:03:53PM +0200, David Frey wrote:

> You, Susan, wanted to have the scripts unpacked, instead
> of having a tarfile. This naturally means that they are
> conffiles too, since they might be changed by the user
> (and usually will).

>   * made all the magicfilter scripts conffiles (Fixes Bug
>   #4834, but wastes space)

Well, just to put some more confusion into this
discussion: I think that these magicfilter scripts (and
most of their source code) should be considered sample
material and go to /usr/doc.  The xh files should go
somewhere in /usr/lib (similar to /usr/lib/sendmail.cf
from the sendmail package), and /usr/doc should have some
explanations for the user on how to build their own
filters. These filters clearly are a _script_ in the
"language" magicfilter, and should IMHO go to some place
under /usr/local.

tlr
--
Thomas Roessler · 74a353cc0b19 · dg1ktr · http://home.pages.de/~roessler/
     2048/CE6AC6C1 · 4E 04 F0 BC 72 FF 14 23 44 85 D1 A1 3B B0 73 C1