Re: Undeclared dependencies on menu

Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> In general this is a problem with APT too

Is it really? I'd think that for this to be a problem with apt, apt would
have to allow libstdc++ (or whatever) to not be installed, and then
processed to install menu and packages that depened on it. I thought apt was
smarted and would see menu depended on libstdc++ and proceed to install the
library first?

You speak about the problem being with packages not being configured, but
I think update-menus will work fine even before menu is configured. And menu
will work ok before any of the libraries it depends on are configured, so
long as they are installed at all.

--
see shy jo