Re: less quits manpage display prematurely

On Wed, May 13, 1998 at 11:30:41AM +0200, Paul Slootman wrote:
> I have a system installed from hamm as of 29th April, and I haven't
> experienced the problem. I have man-db_2.3.10-64 and less_332-2 in case
> it matters.
here it is:

ii  man-db          2.3.10-64      Display the on-line manual.
ii  less            332-3          A file pager program, similar to more(1)

Sounds like less is the culprit. The only changelog entry that looks
suspicious to me is:

  * Made lessopen tmp-secure (depend on debianutils >= 1.8 for tempfile).
    (Fixes Bugs #19796, #15463)

Darren?

Nils

| Quotes from the net:  L> Linus Torvalds, W> Winfried Truemper               |
| L>this is the special easter release of linux, more mundanely called 1.3.84 |
| W>Umh, oh. What do you mean by "special easter release"?. Will it quit      |
* W>working today and rise on easter?                                         *