Re: Intent to package

Enrique Zanardi wrote:

>> >The opie package only generates otp's from a passphrase. It does not
>> >provide the otp-enabled login, ftpd, and su.
>>
>> It could provide those (they are in the upstream source), but I don't want
>> to do it, because I don't use opie, and can't test it.
>
>IIRC there was an opie PAM module. Or was it work-in-progress?
>If/when we include PAM support (for Debian 2.1?) one may use that module
>with our "standard", PAM-aware tools.

I'm not sure if the PAM module works correctly.  Last time I spoke with the
author (Craig Metz) at work, he said, if I remember correctly, that the PAM
module had some serious problems.  He said it should be trivial to do right,
but he wasn't going to do it because he didn't like PAM from a security
point of view, and opie is meant for securer logins.

If people can verify that the module works, when I come back, I'll take up
all the opie stuff again.

Shaya