Re: Lynx-SSL

--On Tue, May 12, 1998 10:24 am +0000 "Rev. Joseph Carter"
<knghtbrd@earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Tue, May 12, 1998 at 06:28:58PM +1200, Carey Evans wrote:
>> > Could you enclose the URL for th epatch?
>>
>> Start with <URL:http://www.replay.com/redhat/lynx.html>.  Despite the
>> name, ftp.replay.com is actually in Amsterdam.  The source .rpm
>> contains various patches, sone of which is SSL.
>>
>> > As far as I know the patches that make lynx use SSL are only
>> > available in the non-free world (U.S.) so we have a problem
>> > having it maintained in the "free world".
>>
>> I think these were probably illegally exported.
>
> So?  They're out of the US jurisdiction now.  =>

#include <disclaimer/Im_not_a_lawyer.h>

Not true, of course.  All european countries and (for example) australia and
new zealand have signed treaties with the US which mean that, in principle,
a non_US citizen who broke a US law can be tried under US law.

I am unaware of any test cases in cryptology (but they're common in
murder...)

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@jellybean.co.uk         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |