Re: intent to take mawk and gawk

Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

> If nobody objects, I intent to take mawk and gawk.

I object.  I've talked with Christopher and I'm taking the packages on
a temporary basis (but as the real maintainer).  Christopher still
wants to maintain mawk & gawk and is still around, he anticipates the
possibility of being able to work on them again RSN, but if that
doesn't work out, I will actively maintain them until he is ready.

I'll try and work on both packages tonight or tomorrow (YAWN süger)
and fix whatever outstanding issues prompted Santiago to try and
hijack the packages.

Any objections?

--
James