/etc/group lossage

Today, when installing some packages, I noticed some errors that
I didn't expect.  Looking closer, my /etc/group file had been
damaged.

Looking closer, I found a couple of packages (msqld and sudo)
which updated /etc/group in what I would consider an insufficiently
paranoid fashion.  While they couldn't have caused all the damage
themselves once you have an entry in /etc/group with two many ':'s
these packages will mangle it further.

I'm not sure that this is sufficient detail to warrant a bug report,
but be on your toes...

--
Raul