[OFF-TOPIC] Gtk guru needed

Hi.

I am sorry for a bit off-topic question, but I already asked this on
gtk-list and got *zero* responses. The question is about porting a
"normal" X (Motif) application to Gtk. Application uses "custom event-
dispatching loop" in the form below. Is there a way to use something like
that in Gtk? (I really hate the idea of covering both X and Xt level
with their wrappers).

Here is a code:

void process_events(){
  XEvent e;
  while(XEventsQueued(XtDisplay(toplevel),QueuedAfterFlush)){
    XNextEvent(XtDisplay(toplevel),&e);
    XtDispatchEvent(&e);
  }
}