tape deity

I've been thinking about the issue of installing debian from tape
vs. the powerful properties of installing packages in an appropriate
order.

The obvious first issue to address is: what are the pros/cons of
writing packages to tape in some specific order?

Obviously, this is a bit different from just selecting packages to
be installed on a single machine (conflicting packages may be
appropriate).  But I don't see any significant problems with this
approach.

Am I missing something?

--
Raul