Splitting the distribution for CDs

We need to split the distribution in a way that makes it easy to fit
all the binaries onto CDs.

We need to do this in a way that allows you to select the files to put
on a CD by filename pattern.

I think we should ideally do this by Priority - high priority packages
on one CD and others on the second.  Can we do this by splitting off
the Extra packages, or the Extra+Optional ones ?

Supposing we create a directory `extra' or `optional' alongside
`main', `contrib', `non-free' ?

Does anyone have any figures on proportions of the binaries in
particular categories ?

Can Deity handle several CDs sequentially ?  (If not, what will we do ?)

Ian.