Re: Documentation Policy

Yann Dirson <dwitch@bylbo.debian.novare.net> writes:

[snip - bandwidth, disk space]

> Please support me, someone :)

OK, I *do* like the idea of having the documentation split out of the
package, in different formats.  Deity will need to be pretty smart to
handle me wanting to install just the documentation from one package
and just the binaries from one, so it might as well be smart enough to
always download and install the html documentation unless told
otherwise.

In fact, if the foo-doc-html_x.y.deb is somewhere accessible,
something like dwww-on-steroids could be used to browse the docs
directly out of the archive.

--
                Carey Evans  <*>  c.evans@clear.net.nz

       "Our mail program accidentally deleted our remove list."
						 - Real quote from UCE