Re: sortmail, and comp.sources.unix

On Sun, Nov 23 1997 21:45 +1100 Hamish Moffatt writes:
> But there's quite a bit of software in such comp.sources archives
> which could be useful; has anyone looked through them for possible packages?
You're generally right, of course.
But in my experience there are two problems with comp.*.sources software:
1. The distribution is for most software ``...if no monnies is exchanged...'',
   ``...for non-commercial use...'' which would it made at least non-free.
   (example: xmahjongg)
2. Some of the software doesn't compile right out of the box nowadays
   (mostly fixable, if you invest enough time).

David