Re: Generic Hash table functions that are not hcreate or BSD

On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> > I would like to be able to hash random data (strings, ints, structs..
> > whatever I want, basically), and have several different hash tables
> > active.  The BSD routines fail the first test, hcreate the second.
>
> If you only want in-memory hashing then you might be interested in the C++
> STL hashtable class (unfortunately not in the libg++272, I hear egcs has
> it though)

For the above reasons, and for the fact that I am more familiar with C, I
would prefer something in C.

After yet another netsearch, I think I may have found something that fits
the bill (why I didn't find it before, I don't know..grumble), although I
still don't get why something like this isn't standard.

It's called the Associative Array Library and is available at:

http://www.cerfnet.com/~timb/alg_aa.htm

I'm currently experimenting with it, and if it looks good, I'll try to
package it up.

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org