Re: *-* rescue disk booting problems

My impression is that tecra fixes a problem with loading bzImages.  You
say that the reboot happens at about this time, so trying the tecra patch
may work.  If it does work, be sure to let the list know so that users
with the same problem can search the archives.  If it doesn't work,
hopefully someone will know more about this than I do.

Brandon

On Fri, 14 Nov 1997, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> The rescue disk boots up, loads the root file system, loads the kernel, at
> least some of it, and then reboots the machine.
>
> Is this a problem that the tecra patch fixes? (this is an AST laptop)
>
> Does anyone remember what the solution to this problem was? I would really
> hate for this guy to go away disapointed ...

-----
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu>   "We all know linux is great... it
PGP: finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu          does infinite loops in 5 seconds"
Phone: (757) 221-4847                      --Linus Trovalds