Re: xterm problems with man

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, Fabrizio Polacco wrote:

> Dale Scheetz wrote:
> >
> > Any idea what the error means? Why would "No space left on device" be
> > delivered as an error for stdout?
> >

> Maybe this is related to the shell command being executed via a system()
> call?.
> Have you checked the free space on /tmp (or $TMPDIR) ?
> (remember that some space on a fs is reserved to root)

That is exactly what it was!
I've been building new kernels in /usr/local and just used up all the
space on root. I can't believe that I need more disk space!
I seems that this method of executing shell commands is also used in the
bash shell under X. Is there some reason for doing it this way? None of
this happens when I run at a text console.

Thanks for the help,

Dwarf