Re: User-contrib, up-to-date stable

Paul Seelig:
> But to tell the truth i feel actually a bit discouraged by the
> overprotective resistance i've been reading between the lines of some
> repliers.

We're discouraged, too. We'd just love to have some people become
Debian developers and to have them build updates of the packages that
need updates for use with the stable system. We're discouraged that we
aren't getting you to do that. We'd put them in a special directory
for the people who want that stuff, that would reach every one of our
mirrors. We can't understand why you would want to upload packages to
a third party site that will never have the full trust of Debian or its
users instead of going through the simple procedure of becoming a
Debian developer. Please reconsider.

	Bruce Perens
	Debian Project Leader
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html