Broken ppp/diald in unstable?

I have just upgraded my main home machine to hamm, after having
figured out what to avoid after my experience with my other home
machine :-)

Anyway, it appears that there is a problem with the route calls that
diald or pppd make.  route takes up to 3 or 4 minutes to add something
to the routing table.  My *guess* about this is that it is trying to
look up the hostname when it is adding the route.  Of course, this
won't work since before the route is there, the nameserver is
unreachable.

In any case, this makes pppd/diald virtually unusable if it is not up
24 hours a day.

John

--
John Goerzen          | Running Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)
Custom Programming    | Debian GNU/Linux is a free replacement for