Re: Packaging system improvements

Brian White wrote:

> > It seems to me that the proposed "Keywords:" field is supposed to
> > help organize the distribition, but the "Section:" field is already
> > doing this.  The current sections divide the distribution by category
> > already, without the need for any new field.
>
> "Section:" only organizes is one category.  This is not sufficient.
> Providing a keyword list will allow people to better chose what they
> want to see in the package selection list.  The current package list
> is already too big to handle with just sections and it's going to
> get worse.
>
>                                           Brian
>                                  ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

>  Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less travelled by,
>  And that has made all the difference.  ("The Road Not Taken" -- Robert Frost)

The main problem I face when looking for a package is that dselect can't
go to a section or search full text. Lets say I search for a fractal
program? How could I find it? I would have to ungzip Packages.gz and
then load it to emacs to do that, which is work one could save.

May the source be with you.
				Mrvn