Re: Dpkg in C for speed?

James Troup <J.J.Troup@comp.brad.ac.uk> writes:

> Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com> writes:
>
> > Greetings!  Well, what do you think?
>
> Dpkg in C as opposed to the C it's in now?
>
> --
> James

Greetings!  Please accept my apologies.  I didn't actually check dpkg
itself, but made an inference from the numerous support programs (such
as dpkg-source, etc.)  that the whole package system was written in
perl.  Dpkg itself is indeed in C.  Would we gain any speed by writing
the dpkg-* programs in C as well?