Re: Problems with inittab

In article <[🔎] Pine.HPP.3.91.970530110442.26246A-100000@hp01.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de>,
	Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> Short question inbetween:
>
> Why is the Debian /etc/inittab different from one use on Watchtower?

Why should it be the same?

I don't know what the Watchtower one was like (I've never had the misfortune
to run Watchtower), but there's no reason why it should be the same. It
depends on what gettys etc you want to start (you can also get inittab to
start your X server for you, although the debian inittab doesn't do this by
default) and what kind of boot scripts should be run.

Look in inittab(5) for more information.
.