Re: no final newline in source package: how to deal with this?

> I'm still in the stage where I don't know why dpkg-source would want
> to check for files without final newlines, and barf on it. Yes, I
> do know that diff says "\no final newline" (or something similar), but
> that's all perfectly normal to me, and I really don't know why dpkg-source
> should be so picky on files without final newlines.

I agree. Maybe there's some hidden reason, like the reason we can't create
subdirectories in packages. Maybe some other version of patch can't handle
the "\ No newline at end of file" construct.

But as things stand now, it's impossible to build some packages with
because of this problem. I'm filing a bug report.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -i$>=0;$<=0;exec"/bin/sh"'>achmod             joey@kite.ml.org
$_="echo '#!/usr/bin/suidperl -U\n$^I 2755aa";s=a= $ENV{HOME}/Imroot;=g;exec$_