Script to help building packages from CVS repository

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Jim Pick:
> I ran into the same problem with dwww.  I put it into cvs - so I check it out
> using "cvs checkout dwww".  But then I have to rename it to dwww-1.3 (or
> whatever)

Attached please find my build-deb-from-cvs script. Use "cvs
tag" to mark a release with the tag "debian_version_x_y_z"
(when version of Debian package is x.y-z -- dots and dashes
are converted to underscores).

Script exports the sources from CVS, and builds the package using
dpkg-buildpackage. Requires suitable configuration of sudo.

I have no problems doing "debian/rules build" and "sudo
debian/rules binary" from within a normally checked out CVS
tree.