Re: Non i386 ports.

Vincent Renardias <vincent@waw.com> wrote:
>	I was wondering if it would be possible and worth to have a m68k
>cross-compiler installed and building binary packages for several
>architectures at the same time.

Somebody read my mind: I was thinking a similar thing when I was playing
around with djgpp and Linux-DOS cross compilers[1]. :) AFAIK, the only
serious problem would be that the gcc people don't have much faith in
cross compiles between (say) i386's and alphas. They believe that the
optimisations (or something like that) would not be as good as they
could be because of the different int size. (I'm going by memory here;
it's somewhere in the gcc docs.)

[1] Tried compiling it from sources. It didn't work. I gave up in disgust
    (and also because that was about the point when the HD died. :/ )