Re: CGI search script.

James A. Robinson writes ("Re: CGI search script. "):
> I made a silly mistake with regard to case in the parser, I've fixed
> it if anybody is interested.  Ian J., is there a nice algorithm you
> use to figure out the dependencies, or is it a sort of brute force
> thing you are using?

I'm confused.  How do you mean, nice algorithm vs. brute force ?  The
algorithm I use depends on the part of dpkg involved, since each bit
oof dpkg or dselect asks a slightly different question.

What I do is read the whole `status' and/or `available' file into an
in-core data structure which has lists of dependencies and so forth,
with reverse links so that I can find out which packages depend on a
particular package without searching.

The code and so forth is in the dpkg source tree.

Ian.