Re: /bin/perl

Another argument against perl on the boot disks, which I don't think
I've seen: RedHat, which has a *large* ramdisk partially because rpm
is perl based (though there are other reasons their boot disk set is
huge) is useless on an 8M system (at least as of 2.1 - you could run a
shell, but once you actually did anything in it you ran out of
memory...)

I noticed this more when trying to use the redhat boot disks as
recovery disks on a laptop (I hadn't installed redhat, but most
install disks make good recovery disks :-)