Re: de-supporting the 1.2 kernel

I would like Debian to be cautious and not fall to the urge to have the
latest features, which sometimes are not that well tested. I think a
distribution needs to be somewhat stable.

Look at what Alan Cox said in linux-kernel:

>1.3.58 crashes all the time, almost always in disk I/O when other things are
>doing memory allocation. Maybe the asynchronous page/swap is a little to
>asynchronous.

He is not the only one having problems with this kernel. Many other
people is saying the same thing. It clearly is not ready for consuming.

I _definitely_ would not like to have 1.3.58 as the standard Debian kernel
after that comment.

Regards,
	Fernando Alegre
	alegre@mars.superlink.net