Packages-In-Progress list?

Forgive me if this has been posted here before, but I was wondering if there
was any mechanism set up to register a package that you are working on or
check to see if a package is currently being developed.  I had started on a
few packages when I noticed that someone else had just finished them.  If
such a mechanism is not in place, then I might be willing to develop one
(if it is deemed necessary).  Thanks in advance for any feedback.

--
Brian Sulcer <bsulcer@gibson.com>  |  Gibson USA
System Administrator               |  Nashville, Tennessee