Re: New ispell packages - proposals

> Each dictionary package provides an Ispell_Dictionary virtual package.
> Now then, the problem is that of circular dependencies again.  Ideally,
> ispell should depend on an Ispell_Dictionary, but then the dictionaries
> should depend on ispell.  Chicken or egg situation...  It is my
> understanding that we don't have a mechanism for handling these mutually
> dependent packages, or do we?

I thought Virtual Packages were designed to handle cases like this.  I
had assumed it would go something like:

ispell:
	Virtual-Recommended: ispell-dictionary

ibritish:
	Depends: ispell
	Virtual-Provides: ispell-dictionary

I don't know what the actual syntax/keywork is.  But wouldn't the idea
be that anybody installing ispell would be told that installing a
dictionary is highly recommended, and anybody installing ibritish
would be required to install ispell?

Jim