Re: Action: Task List Tool

On 15.10.2013 07:46, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Markus Koschany wrote:
>
>> Yes, I'm all for it. Do we have to bring this topic up for discussion on
>> debian-devel? I assume the first question is what packages are affected,
>> which is why we probably have to make a list of affected games outside
>> the team's responsibility beforehand.
>
> I don't think it would be needed to bring it up on debian-devel, just
> file bugs on games you come across with issues.

Okay.

> List of games would probably be things in section games that have an
> X11/Wayland interface. I guess nothing with a command-line/terminal
> interface needs these things.

Well, I agree that command-line games are something special. I think
that providing a desktop or menu file for such games is not different
from graphical games though. You just need to add Terminal=true to your
desktop file. The main benefit is that people are more aware of the
games and don't forget about them and it's always nice to have some kind
of visual feedback. However I see the difficulties with packages like
bsdgames. I think it's up to the maintainer to decide which games he
wants to add or not because there are simply to many of them in this
package.

Markus