foobillardplus

Hi folks,

back in december 2012 i had a chat with Ben Armstrong who suggested to
try out Foobillard++. [1] In the meantime i agreed to talk to Holger
Schaekel, the upstream developer of Foobillard++, and to find out whether
the game is suitable to replace the old foobillard in Debian's archive.

I have pushed an initial version to

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-games/foobillardplus.git;a=summary

I have come to the conclusion that foobillard should be replaced with
foobillardplus and here are the reasons why:

  * Foobillard++ fixes many long-standing bugs namely #409961,
    #636499, #449256, #629548, #226732
  * Adds new features and is actively maintained.
  * Source files for new content are available. (blend and gimp files)
  * All graphics are released under GPL-2. The whole game is free
    distributed under GPL-2, LGPL-2.1 and BSD licenses.

On the contrary foobillard seems to be abandoned. It's exactly the same
situation as with prboom and prboom+. My suggestion is to replace
foobillard with foobillardplus and to remove the old version. It was a
pleasure to create the initial package thanks to Holger's help. I highly
recommend the game.

What's your opinion? If you have specific game related questions, then
please keep Holger cc'ed.

Have a nice weekend

Markus

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/foobillardplus/