Re: Steam for Linux? No thanks.

On 22 Feb 2013, at 19:03, Boris Pek <tehnick-8@yandex.ua> wrote:

>>  http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/steam_1.0.0.28-1.html
>
> Here is the updated list of notes (after discussion above):
> 0) Please consider using package name steam-nonfree

Why? I agree with smcv on this point.

> instead of steam, and
>    use ITP #701157 instead of ITP #440607.

Either/both bugs can be closed independent of the upload.

> 1) Please update debian/copyright to include the information about licenses
>    and copyright holders of libraries in bootstraplinux_ubuntu12_32.tar.xz.
>    .
>    Or consider deleting this file from source package: it could be downloaded
>    during package installing.

I agree with the former solution here.

>    .
>    I believe this should be done before upload to NEW queue.

Too late though.

> 2) Conflicts: steam-lib.
>    Please remove this from the package: there is no such package in Debian,
>    see: http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=steam-lib

I missed the architecture bit when I last looked at the page. Yes the conflicts should be removed.

> 3) Please create a git repo with only ./debian/ directory. It will simplify
>    the maintaining of the package.
>    .
>    For example, I will be able to check package more closely before it will
>    enter to Debian archive. Also I might to propose you my debian/patches,
>    debian/watch and maybe something else.

Certainly into a vcs, and everyone has their own preference about svn versus git, all vs ./Debian. I wonder what michael's preferences are?

The only change you suggest which it would be required to do before NEW is the package name, but I don't agree with renaming it and haven't seen the argument to do so. All the others could be done in a second upload.