Re: inipath

-inipath                  $HOME/.mame;/etc/mame
+inipath                  $HOME/mame;/etc/mame

totally looks wrong to me.

Sorry, but I can't see why, could you please explain? :)

I thought we had agreed on moving per-user settings from a dot directory to a visible one, and this is what I have done in that commit.

I see no reason to clutter the user directory with other subdirs or additional hidden files, so ~/mame/ should contain both personal data and settings IMO.

Cheers,
Cesare.