Re: RFA: irrlicht, supertuxkart, supertux

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 2:52 AM, Vincent Cheng <vincentc1208@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 5:34 AM, Christoph Egger <christoph@debian.org> wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>>  I apparently don't have the time any more to really take care of the
>> supertuxkart (and the related irrlicht) package any more. I"m glad to
>> see that supertux is now taken care of and I would be glad if there are
>> also people here taking over supertuxkart. supertuxkart should nowadays
>> no longer need stripping/replacement of non-free content and upstream is
>> really helpfull. For irrlicht, please keep an eye on ABI compatibility
>> issues.
>
> I'd be glad to take care of supertuxkart as well (either by myself or
> with the help of others in the games team).
>
> I'm not that familiar with library packaging/maintenance, so I'd
> prefer if irrlicht was maintained by somebody else with more
> experience, although I'd be willing to be a co-maintainer.
>
> Vincent

Here's a quick update if anybody is wondering about the current
situation with supertuxkart and irrlicht:

- irrlicht is in the sponsor queue right now, waiting to be reviewed
and sponsored [1]
- supertuxkart 0.7.3 doesn't actually build with the latest release of
irrlicht as suggested by upstream.

I'll regularly update #634019 [2] as I make further progress on
packaging supertuxkart. If you've worked with irrlicht before and
would like to help out and try to get stk 0.7.3 building properly with
irrlicht 1.7.3, please see upstream bug report [3].

Regards,
Vincent

[1] http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/i/irrlicht/irrlicht_1.7.3+dfsg1-1.dsc
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=634019#17