Re: Suggestion for a new game

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 8:46 PM, Scott Howard <showard314@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's a great summary, Paul. Is there/should there be a lintian check
> for pre-rendered images or pre-encoded video and audio? Warning in the
> source package that could be overridden if they are rebuilt?

I don't think it is possible to automatically detect if fonts, images,
audio or video are source or not, it really depends on what the
creators did.

What is source code is highly context dependent. .c files written in
the C language can be source code in many circumstances and very much
not source code in other circumstances (pre-obfuscated versions or
when generated from flex/bison/glade files). Binary TTF font files can
be source if they were not generated from some other format. ELF
executables might even be source code if they were written in a hex
editor but not if they were compiled from .c files.

My list was about getting upstreams to think about the most useful
source form. Many generate pre-rendered images, videos etc and then
throw away the more useful forms, making the pre-rendered their
source.

--
bye,
pabs