The roguelike game "angband"

Hi all,

About two years ago angband version 3.1.0 was released upstream,
GPL-clean. This was the culmination of a lot of work, and I saw an
opportunity: I wrote to the maintainer (Manoj Srivastava), pointing out
that a new GPL-clean version was available, and offering to package it
if he would mentor me (I saw that he maintained rather a lot of
packages, and correctly guessed that he would welcome giving one away).

He mentored me for over a year, during which time I produced two
versions which he uploaded. Unfortunately I lost touch with him after he
moved jobs last spring, and when another new upstream version was
released in December I packaged it and uploaded it to
mentors.debian.net[1]. I also packaged a set of non-free sounds and
uploaded those[2] (the original package has no sounds, again because of
licensing issues).

I am an active member of the upstream development team[3] and we have
chosen git as our new VCS[4], in part due to Manoj's encouragement. But
I am not yet a DD, so my packages still need sponsoring. Could the
Debian Games team help with this at all?

My packages are based on Manoj's scripts, but I would be willing to
learn a new way of building packages if a new sponsor required it. I
also have some detailed questions about the packaging that I'd like to
be able to discuss with someone.

Grateful for any advice.

Regards,

Chris Carr