Re: debconf, debcamp and webbased goplay

On 3/18/08, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> At some point I'd like to discuss distro-wide standards for keyboard
> shortcuts; simple stuff like pause, quit, fullscreen and so on.

Woah, woah, woah!

Are you proposing patching upstream sources so all games use same
keyboard controls for "simple stuff"? I think that would go a bit TOO
DEEP with messing  with the sources. Filesystem-related patching?
Great! Security patches? Ditto! But messing up with controls? Sorry,
that should be upstream's domain only.

What if e,g. f11 is decided for fullscreen? But, a new game storms in
with f11 assigned to, dunno, 3rd person view? Do you reassign binding
or do you change the "distro-wide standard"?

What if game, by design, can't pause or switch to fullscreen during runtime?

I'm no DD so I have no vote, but I think it's a bad idea. (nothing personal ofc)

> Perhaps that is something for the cross-distro games list though.

Cross-distro standard? Best to poke upstreams after making one :)

Ivan Vučica
-- Croatia --