Re: About using CDBS: Open discussion

Miriam Ruiz schrieb:
> We've had a small conversation about using CDBS in legacy packages in
> the IRC channel that I thought would allow us to open a discussion
> about it. Any thoughts on this?
>
> Greetings,
> Miry

Hi all

  Just to mix things that are only slightly related again, I think this
approximately the same thing as the packages using dpatch instead of
quilt (there are some of them) -- although dpatch -> quilt can be done
quite easily in contrast to cdbs -> debhelper.

To the subject: I personally agree with persia

> [10:12:08] <persia> For adopted packages, I think it makes sense to
> use whateer tools the previous maintainer used until someone has time
> to convert it.

  If packages are working correctly with these tools which are (afaik)
not considered obsolete in general there are a lot of things that -- in
my eyes -- have priority over switching some tool.

  The best solution would IMO be to state in the wiki that these tools
we -- or better you, I was not an team member back then -- decided upon
shall be used for new packages and everything we inherited may either
keep it's current system as long as it works or switch to our prefered
tools.

Regards

  Christoph

--
/"\  ASCII Ribbon : GPG-Key ID: 0x0372275D
\ /    Campaign   :