Testing packages with openal-soft

Hello,

I hate to be an annoyance with these "openal-soft" emails, but here's yet
another one.

I've done my own tests of packages using the openal-soft library. Here's my
results so far.

First off, here's what I think is a better list of at least the source
packages that use openal.

>> grep-dctrl -FBuild-Depends,Build-Depends-Indep \
	-s Package libopenal-dev -n /var/lib/apt/lists/*_Sources
funguloids
glest
tremulous
warsow
antigrav
boson
btanks
chromium
crystalspace
fgfs-atlas
flightgear
freealut
haskell-openal
hugs98
mplayer
nel
openarena
osgal
pyopenal
rss-glx
scorched3d
simgear
soya
supertuxkart
taoframework
torcs
trigger
vegastrike
warzone2100
xpilot-ng

For me (on i386), all these packages built and ran without a problem using the
openal-soft library.

glest
supertuxkart
antigravitaattori (source: antigrav)
scorched3d
xpilot-ng-client-sdl (source: xpilot-ng)
xpilot-ng-client-x11 (source: xpilot-ng)
flightgear (and dependency simgear)
vegastrike
warzone2100
trigger
openarena
btanks
supertux (experimental packages)
tremulous
torcs
mplayer
ogreal (only in games team svn)
warsow

Here are the packages that build but are giving me problems while running.

funguloids (crashes, though problem might be with ogre library)
boson (I've tried numerous settings, but I receive no sound)

Here's a package that required me to make a change for building, otherwise, it
ran fine.

chromium (disable use of alc[GS]etAudioChannel extensions)

Here's a package I built, but had no way to test directly

freealut

And here are the rest of the packages which I didn't test, most of them
however are libraries or bindings of some sort.

crystalspace
fgfs-atlas
haskell-openal
hugs98
nel
osgal
pyopenal
rss-glx
soya
taoframework

There it is. I really think the openal-soft library should be the new "openal"
library. I don't know if these could be release with Lenny however.

One more thing, I left the fix for chromium in a branch in the svn repo.
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-games/packages/branches/chromium/chromium-openal-soft/?rev=0&sc=0

Andres