Re: Possible Transition from SVN to Git?

On Dec 30, 2007 11:16 PM, Simon Ruggier <simon80@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/30/07, Andres Mejia <mcitadel@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think one of the main advantages would be no longer
> > having to use svn {add,rm}.
>
> I don't understand what you mean by this, git has add and rm, though
> they have different semantics from svn {add,rm}

Instead of having to do an svn-add or svn-rm for each addition or
deletion, git-commit -a takes care of all this. This is much more
efficient when renaming files too. Then there's the case when you've
already renamed a file (after you've done 'svn mv --force') and then
you need to rename it again. For some reason svn doesn't let me force
a rename twice without committing. Maybe this is trivial, but I find
it annoying.

Maybe I shouldn't have said "main advantage" for this one, but it's an
advantage nonetheless.