Re: prboom icons: a thought

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 03:26:31PM +0200, Eddy Petrișor
wrote:
> On 09/11/2007, Jon Dowland <lists@alcopop.org> wrote:
> > Then it occurred to me that really, when you play
> > "doom", you aren't playing just the engine, or just the
> > data, but the combination of the two. So, in terms of
> > desktop entries and icons, you'd probably want one for
> > each combination of engine/data available.
>
> Aren't you ....
>
> > At the moment, we only have one viable doom engine in
> > the archive, but that won't always be the case. Mind
> > you,
>
> overengineering it a little?

Well, there are a variety of doom engines, and outside of
DFSG-free land they all offer a large variety of different
and conflicting features.  Some try to remain as faithful to
the original as possible, others throw away compatibility
with some nuances of the original behaviour in favour of
mouse look, jumping, that sort-of thing.

--
Jon Dowland