Re: Debian FreeBSD

On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 10:37:29AM +0100, Per Lundberg wrote:
> > We have permission to use the name "Linux", we don't have permission
> > to use the name "FreeBSD" and aren't likely to get it since what
> > we're doing isn't FreeBSD, it's DebianBSD or something.
>
> But DebianBSD is misleading, since it doesn't tell which BSD we're
> talking about. Debian/FreeBSD would be best, IMO, if the FreeBSD guys
> let us have that name.

Sure enough---but we have to ask first.  Personally if we're going to do a
BSD and use their libc, I think we should be looking at OpenBSD rather
than FreeBSD...  mmmm, strong crypto in libc...

Of course that raises US issues so it's not going to happen, but it'd be
cool all the same.

--
- Joseph Carter         GnuPG public key:   1024D/DCF9DAB3, 2048g/3F9C2A43
- knghtbrd@debian.org   20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3