Re: Whom the BIND newest vulnerability concerns?

On Fri, Nov 12, 1999 at 11:56:01AM -0800, Joel Klecker wrote:
> I'm not sure this offers any major advantage over starting named with -u named
> -g named.

In fact, -u named is much better, because if you use sudo, named will not be
able to create its pidfile or the /var/run/ndc socket.

(Unfortunately you're not so lucky with slapd - I had to create a
/var/run/openldap directory writable by the slapd user to hold the pid file.
BenC: care to look into this?)

--
make: *** No rule to make target `binary-argh'.  Stop.