Re: equivalent of *BSD's 'make world' in debian?

On Thu, Nov 04, 1999 at 05:59:52PM +1000, Glenn McGrath wrote:
<snip>

> One thing ive noticed about debian, is that its like an aging wine, it
> improves with time. With other distros i always tended to mess up my system
> and end up re-installing... but maybe thats just me.
<snip>

I really like that analogy - and your exactly right.  Alot of os's (and some
more than others) get to the point where you've been using them for a while,
installing this and removing that, and your system (or registry :) is so full
of crud, that you just decide to clean it all up and reinstall.

Debian, on the other hand, seems to avoid this crud build up - everything is
where I expect, and I can upgrade/recompile/remove anything easily without
making a mess.  Nowdays I am very carefull of my debian installation, theres
no way I really want to do a reinstall :)

Chris

            Linux, because I'd like to *get there* today
Reply with subject 'request key' for GPG public key.  KeyID 0xB4E24219